Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winding down… and realizing.

After a whirlwind of performances… December is finally winding down.

Taylor had her Christmas Concert at the High School last night and her last field trip performance today. Her recital on Saturday has been canceled.

I can’t believe Christmas is next week.

It has been different this year. Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I think it has a lot to do with the struggles of so many around us. Unemployment, divorce, addiction, depression… we are aware of some who are suffering, and unaware of (many) others. Knowing that those we know and love are struggling is what I think has changed my perspective.

We are blessed with good jobs. 
We are blessed with a bright outlook for the New Year.
We are blessed with obedient and faithful children.
We are blessed to be able to help those in need.
We are blessed with 4 temples within 20 minutes of our home.
We are blessed with a home full of love for the Savior.
We are blessed by His atoning sacrifice.

May your Christmas celebration this year be different too. May there be less focus on the “getting” and more focus on the “giving”.  May you realize the depth of your own blessings.

May there be more of the Savior in your CHRISTmas day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I recognize that picture! I love it. btw, thank you for being such a good example to me. It was great to see you last week! Looking forward to seeing you again soon . . . oh wait, shhhh, we better not say anything out loud, or knock on wood or something, knowing how we are jinxed and all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete