Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A book, A dress and A song (or two)

Not too long ago, a neighbor stopped by to show Evan something.
He (our neighbor) was working on a research project and recently checked out a book from the library at BYU.
As he was reading through the book, he noticed something unusual.
That is what he came to show Evan.
It turns out, this book was a Christmas gift to Evan, from his father, over 30 years ago.
Somehow, it made it into a box of donated books given to the BYU library after Evan's father passed away 14 years ago.
Evan was intrigued by the book.
Our neighbor had to return it to the library.

With the encouragement of my children, I started an inquiry  .
Long story short... this is what came in the mail today.

DSC_0137_1585DSC_0139_1587

Taylor has been busy this year with 2 choirs.
Of the two, this is her favorite dress.
She looks beautiful, and she sounds wonderful!

DSC_0138_1589-1

After a quick photo... off she went to the school for the Fall Choir Concert.
They never disappoint!!  

DSC_0142_1593DSC_0141_1592

I even recognized someone I knew but did not expect to see…
(I didn't realize it until later, so the picture is not great!)

DSC_0140_1591-1

1 comment:

  1. Yes! That is my cousin Mattew! My mom's sister Kathy's son. What a coincidence! BTW, that is way cool about Evan's book. Things really do come full circle, huh.

    ReplyDelete