Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What is it?

All baptisms into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are special.
I am always amazed by the faith of the little children as they reach the age of accountability
and make their first great decision and enter the waters of baptism.
Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism
unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin;
yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children,
and they shall all be saved with their little children.

~Moroni 8:10

But what is it, about convert baptisms? I cannot put my finger on it,
but I do know that they are extraordinarily special.

I joined the Laurels in our Ward last night, as they witnessed the baptism of one of their peers.
The room was filled with members and non-members.
Family, freinds and leaders were there.
There was chaos and commotion.
It was beautiful.

Congratulations to Alex and her life changing decision.
The right path is not always the easy path.
But it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment