Thursday, November 22, 2012

Abundance

I cannot remember a time when we had a small crowd for Thanksgiving dinner.
This year however, marked such a day.

No out of town guests.
Extended family scheduled visits in the other directions.
Our total number was 8 for the day.

As usual. I carefully planned what to prepare,
when to prepare it, and how to present it.

A month of planning, two days of cooking.
It was going to be as perfect as it could be
with 20 missing family members.

We ordered a turkey 10 pounds lighter
and scaled down the size of remaining entree's.

Then, the winds changed.
Two unexpected phone calls made me a very happy hostess.
1] My brother in law and his family had to cancel their travel plans &
2] My husbands cousin Sip, needed a party to crash.

My 8 quickly became 15!

Fortunately, I am an over-planner,
and a recipient of a tender mercy.
Our 15 pound pre-ordered turkey
was 20 pounds when the butcher handed it over.

Needless to say…
We had an abundance of food
and a house full of loved ones.
Just the way we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment