Tuesday, December 3, 2013

…older

More and more, my birthday becomes less significant, just another day.
Each year brings me closer to the moments most dreaded in the aging process.
Responsibilities of adulthood, wifehood, and motherhood, have realigned my priorities and desires.

On Monday, I received a quick email from my missionary, wishing me an early Happy Birthday on her P-Day.
Later, my annual physical with  my doctor. She gifted me with meds for high blood pressure.
(See what I mean by dreaded aging!)

Off-key birthday tunes from the office, treats and a card signed by all.
(Working on my birthday because I am a responsible adult.)
Phone calls from my youngest daughter, husband, mother and brother made my day!
(Family is what matters most!)
Dinner out (more common now that it is just two of us), and snow shoveling (twice).
A quick change into sweats and relaxing on the couch in a warm, cozy home at 7:30.

Pretty much, a perfect couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment