Sunday, November 30, 2014

change

Today, we were released from the Bishopric of the Young Single Adult Ward
where we have served with our heart and soul for three years.
It is customary, for the departing bishopric and their wives to share a few words
and bear a testimony to the members of the ward.

This is what I shared today….

Often, a returned missionary will recite these words when reflecting on their mission….
”they were the best two years of my life!”
Today, I get it.
The last three years were the best three years of my life.

Because of the members of the Crescent View Young Single Adult Ward
I have more hope in the future.
I have increased faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ.
I have a greater desire to serve others.
I have a deeper love for the temple.
I have an enthusiasm for family history work.
I have a stronger testimony of the Gospel.

What makes today so difficult for me is this…
I don’t get to express my love to each member of the ward and then go sit down.
I have to leave.

What makes today so easy for me is knowing that three men and their wives
were called through inspiration to love and serve the ward in ways
that we could not.

What makes today so special for me is that I get to share my testimony to the people I love.
I know that the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
is the complete restoration of Christ’s original church.
I know that we have true and living prophets today that teach us and guide us.
I know that though simple obedience to God’s commandments, and through the atonement, we can
return to live with our Heavenly Father.
I know that the Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ.
I know that the Book of Mormon  is full of messages, relevant to the problems we face today.
I know that as we study the scriptures, we will receive answers.
I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ loves each one of us... personally.
He knows us. He is with us. We are never alone.

A British philosopher once said

The only way to make sense out of change is to
plunge into it,
move with it,
and join the dance.
(Alan W. Watts)

So… Let’s go dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment