Thursday, September 3, 2009

I misspoke

My previous post indicated that I was not going anywhere exciting or exotic. I was wrong…

After an uneventful plane ride with a layover in Las Vegas, we landed safely at LAX. We proceeded to baggage claim and waited for our luggage while I was on the phone with my office – solving a minor issue. We claimed our bags and waited for the shuttle for the car rental. I am certain that Thrifty has only 1 van for every 15 of their competitors. We finally made it to the checkout counter and listened to the attempts to sell up. After declining it all, we selected our car, double checked our route on the map and started our adventure. (Or has it already started?)

I had been looking forward to shopping at the Fashion District in downtown L.A. all week. But when we finally arrived, after a brave battle with California rush hour traffic (exciting), most of the shops were closed for the day and what remained opened reminded us of shopping in Mexico (exotic). We promptly retraced our steps and headed back to the battle ground on the freeway and headed south to Anaheim – our final destination. A quick google for an address to a Cheesecake Factory and we were all happy again.

A good mood to be in for the happiest place on earth.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you arrived safely. Have a great mother/daughters time together. I will have the burgers ready for Evan to put on the barby when you get home. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete