Saturday, October 10, 2009

Change is a constant

I am reminded of this on a regular basis. Changes in work, school, family, and more recently (and quite often), church.

Primary to be specific.

No, I have not been released. For that, I am grateful.

Each year brings changes in callings. I am used to that. I loose people all the time. I just roll with it. Now, I am faced with new changes. Recently, I attended a (MUCH too long) meeting, I was informed of some of those changes.

  1. Classes will no longer prepare and present a sharing time. That means one more sharing time for a presidency member to conduct each month. What is good about this?…  ALL sharing time presentations will now be under the direction, oversight and, even more important, CONTROL of the Presidency. I do, however, plan on involving a class to help with certain aspects of my presentations throughout the year. We can still keep them involved.
  2. The names of the classes are changing slightly. The names will now reflect the age of the child on January 1st. This change creates a CTR 4 class (formerly CTR 5) and eliminate Valiant 12 (now known as Valiant 11). What is good about this? … no more math skills required to figure out where each child belongs.
  3. Sharing time ideas for leaders will no longer be included in the Friend magazine. What is good about this?… There is an awesome new format for the Sharing Time outline. These ideas and suggestions are now included here.

I am excited for the new year in Primary and I getting ready to take on these new challenges. I am certain that there will be more changes as time continues. After all, change is a constant.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment