Monday, October 26, 2009

What Chester ate today...

Busy at work, I received a phone call from Kylee.

While everyone was at school and at work, Chester (once again) managed to find his way into the food storage room downstairs.

It has been determined that he ate this:

followed by this:

DSC_1651
(unfortunately, one of the most lethal forms of chocolate)

The chips… all gone.

The cocoa… undetermined.

So I left work to assess the situation and to induce vomiting. I immediately administered diluted hydrogen peroxide and while I waited for the results, I vacuumed and scrubbed the rug then dumped and weighed the remaining cocoa.

The weigh in estimates that he ate less than an ounce (which is good news). But, still afraid to leave him alone, here I sit… working from home and watching for signs of nausea from the peroxide or lack of co-ordination, muscle twitching, hyperactivity, increased heart rate and raised blood pressure from the cocoa.

No vomiting yet… but seemingly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment