Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you Dew?

Tonight, our Stake hosted a Multi-Stake Relief Society Meeting. Sheri Dew was the guest speaker. I took advantage of this rare opportunity and planned a girls night around it.

My sister-in-law came up from Payson (with baby Graycie!), Taylor tagged along, we met my mom there.

What a perfect evening it was. First a physical feeding then a spiritual feeding. Here are some of the highlights:

Women have a unique kind of influence on others. An unparalleled influence, more than you even realize. The adversary knows our potential influence.

The perfect formula for breaking women down:
1. Get women to “pick” at each other. (Gossip, berate, judge etc.)
        **Perhaps the “final” judgment will be a breeze compared to what we put each other through. (Unrighteous judgment.)

2. Confuse women about their identity. (TV, movies, magazines, etc.)
        **True validation comes from the Spirit and not external influences.

3. Make sure we never discover what the Savior really did for us through His atonement.
        **The atonement is a doctrine of healing (sin, weakness, sorrow, pain, etc.).

4. Make sure we do not learn how to seek for and receive personal revelation.
        **The rules for learning personal revelation are contained in the scriptures.

I am so grateful for the strong spirit that was felt and the incredible testimony that was shared. I am just as grateful that I was surrounded by some of the women I love the most. Thanks Mom, Tay and Emily for being there with me tonight and for being such a great example of womanhood. I love you so much. For the rest of the women I love… you were missed.

blog signature

2 comments:

  1. One of the best meetings I have been to in a long time! Thank you so much, it was much needed!! Both for my temporal and spiritual well being. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for a daughter who loves me. One of my greatest blessings is watching my children be loving caring parents. Thank you for inviting me to hear such an incredible speaker - she is all that a woman should be. I love you.

    ReplyDelete