Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

As I reflect on the greatest role a woman has, I can’t help but be grateful for ALL of the righteous women around me. Those that have had an influence on me, and now, those that have an influence on my daughters. I tend to worry about the single/childless women around us. I worry that they feel like they are not counted among the “mother’s” this day. I pray that they may know that they are wrong.

"While we tend to equate motherhood solely with maternity, in the Lord’s language, the word mother has layers of meaning."
Sheri L. Dew, Ensign, Nov. 2001

I strongly believe that Mother’s day is not only a celebration of our Mother’s, Grandmothers, Mother’s-In-Law, but a celebration of the Motherly. I hope that women everywhere can celebrate their influence on others as they magnify their callings, visit teach & serve their neighbors and others in need.

In my own life, I know this:
When I was young, I was who I was, because of my mother.
When I married, I became who I am, because of my husband & children.
When my daughters marry, I will be who I will be, because of my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment