Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Strong

After 14 years of wearing an orthotic brace, daily,
a spinal fusion in 2007,
a second spinal fusion last week,
my youngest daughter is home, recovering.

I marvel at her strength.

She came home only 4 1/2 days after a 6 1/2 surgery.
She is determined to manage her pain with as little medication as possible.
She wants to return to school as soon as she is able so she can prepare to
participate with the choir at the festival competition next month.

I marvel at her faith.

She asks for blessings.
She requests prayers at her bedside.
She requested the Sacrament in her hospital room on the Sabbath.

I am proud.
Of her older sister and the love and concern she expresses
to her sister when she needs to hear it the most.

I am proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment