Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Why I was blessed with daughters.

In my prayers, I always thank my Heavenly Father for my daughters. Today I found myself thanking Him for their incredible strength and faith in the gospel.

This weekend, it was my daughters that insisted we get tickets to attend a live session of Conference. Something I never did as a youth. They both attend the temple as often as they can. Something else I did not do as youth, (and shamefully, sometimes as an adult). They attend Institute and Seminary and LOVE it. I just went though the motions.

I know without a doubt that the strength of my children, which far surpasses mine, is the reason they are here at this time of the last dispensation. With so many worldly influences that bombard them on a daily basis, each day they shrug it all off and remain faithful and obedient. I wonder if I had the same influences if I could say the same about myself.

But here I am, the mother of these valiant daughters. I wonder what I have done to deserve such an awesome blessing. Then I think that perhaps it is so because I need their examples in my life. It is because of this, that I want to be a better example to them. I need to be a better wife and mother. I need to be a dependable Visiting Teacher. I need to take better care of my home. I need to study the scriptures and pray more diligently. The list goes on.

I think I was blessed with these daughters so that I can become a better person.

blog signature

3 comments:

  1. That is one of the sweetest things I have ever read. Thank you for sharing. Your testimony is such a huge example to me and I love that about you. You always have incredible insight to situations and I love how you always find the positives in life and expound on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the mother that I should have been. I look back with regret for many of the things that I did and also look back with regret for many of the things that I did not do. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for you and Evan and Eric and Tamra that you are good parents and take good care of your families and that you teach them gospel principles in your homes. I love you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I am the mother that I am today BECAUSE of you!!

    ReplyDelete