Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It’s all about the timing… OR Momma got her flirt on

As promised, here is my report.

I struggled trying to decide how to best approach “the Bachelor”.
Since I get nervous, and tend to stammer, and sound like an idiot…
I decided to draft a letter.

I talked Kylee up,
included a couple of photos,
and bolded her phone number.
No doubt he will be impressed.

That was the easy part.
The delivery is quite a story…

As requested, we arrived to our appointment
15 minutes early to check in.
Our session began.

As Tay was being photographed,
“the Bachelor” finished his session
and began editing at the desktop right behind me.
He mentioned how exhausted he was
and I opened the lines of communication with a clever reply.

We exchanged a few pleasantries,
he went back to editing
and I went back to fussing over Tay

When we were done with our session,
Tay and I grabbed some fast-food while the photos were being edited.
We returned 30 minutes later as promised.

While we were waiting for our review session,
I mentioned to Taylor that we needed to find the right time
to deliver our special envelope.
Getting to that right moment has been
”an awkward day in Hell”
(I said that out loud!)

“The Bachelor” heard this…. and said something
(I cant’ remember exactly what)
that sent Taylor into an out of control giggle fit.
I said something clever back to him.
The line of communication was now WIDE open!!

We were taken back to the review session
and the cute girl that was helping us
warned us that she would have to leave soon and
someone would take her place.
“The Bachelor” volunteered for this position.
He complimented Taylor and helped us pick out some awesome photos.
He sent these to be printed and we decided to sit and wait for them

We sat in the lobby,
again,  waiting for the perfect moment
to make our delivery.
It did not come.

As I was checking out,
it was mentioned to us that they design announcements too.
We were offered the opportunity to look at some examples.
We accepted and went back to the preview room.
This time “the Bachelor” was our host.

We sat down.
In an effort to make room for all of us,
he grabbed my chair and scooted it over
mentioning that he does that all day with the little kids.
We chose our template and continued to select
an assortment of photographs.

At one point, he leaned over to point something out
and quickly started to apologize for invading my space
he then said it was OK, we were family.

(DOOR WIDE OPEN!!)

I quickly replied “NO, not yet!”
I then said “at the risk of sounding like a creepy old lady…
how did that bachelor thing go?”
He laughed and asked if I sent in a submission?
I told him No, I found out about it two months too late.
I also mentioned that I brought with me a late submission.

I handed him the envelope and he asked me if photos were included.
I assured him they were.
Just as he was getting ready to open it up, 
the  next appointment showed up and he had to go.

Mission accomplished. I kept my promise to my daughter…
Now the awkward moment will he hers
if she gets a random phone call from a stranger.

2 comments: