Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day

Saturday
Non-Stop Gardening.
(Hoping we don’t kill this one off… green thumbs we have NOT!)
Phase I of feast prep.

Sunday
5:30 Wake up to start Phase II of feast prep.
(I know, I should not be working so hard, but I have a Mom too!)
Public declarations of gratitude from my daughters … posted on their Blogs.
The creating of Mother’s Day Cards to place on the framed photo for Mom/Grandma.
A break to play Dutch Blitz with my youngest.

A house full of family and chaos.
(One of my favorite things!)
An awesome card from a Nephew
(who may know me a little too well)

Mothers Day 2011

Forks flying on the floor.
Blaming Rachel.
(because she is so cute, and such a good sport)
Believing it was her Dad!!

Eating until our tummies burst.
Spilt punch in the fridge.
(Which led to a top to bottom scrubbing…Thanks Evan!!)
An awesome husband.
Terrific daughters.
A perfect day!
(weekend)

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that Eli! Thanks for a wonderful Mothers Day. You worked so hard to make it a special day. I love you so very much. Why is it that most mothers work their butts off on Mothers Day to prepare such a fantastic meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We work our butts off because we love our family.

    ReplyDelete