Thursday, May 5, 2011

String

Two nights ago, the doorbell rang.
It was dark outside,
and no one was there.
But this was:

prom question_1783

so, she did.

Mind you, it was cold, and she was barefoot.
She followed the string past the neighbors,
across the street,
back across the street,
around the corner,
around to the next street,
and half way down that block.
(Nearly 1/4 mile by my calculations,)

At the end of her task,
she found this:

prom question_1784

so she did.

When she arrive home,
this was at the door:

prom question_1785

(Also attached was a bag of m&m’s and a name.)

I, being concerned that the neighborhood cats
would clothesline themselves as they
scurried around the neighborhood at night,
set out to gather the string that led Taylor
on this treasure hunt.

As I gathered it, I realized that I was going to
end up with one GIANT ball of yarn.
So, our project began…

We collected a variety of silly jokes.

prom question_1779

Created tags.

prom question_1780

Tied it to the yarn.

prom question_1781

And ended up with a large ball of
SILLY STRING.

prom question_1782

Her answer was tucked in at the very end of the line.
”No joke… it would be silly for me to say NO,
so my answer is YES!”

No comments:

Post a Comment