Monday, July 25, 2011

July’s travel log…

On Sunday, Evan left for Phoenix for a business trip.
He was gone only a few days, but we scheduled a slight detour.

Bright and early Wednesday morning, the girls and I packed up the car,
dropped Chester off at Grandpa & Grandmas
and started our road trip.

IMG_3371_2063

First destination, Las Vegas.
Only for dinner and a nights rest…
but not before picking up an extra passenger.
Evan joined us and was our chauffer to our final destination…

disneyland_Panorama1

But first, a cold trip to the beach
where we laid around, took pictures (acquiring some scrapes in the process)
and shivered.

IMG_3380_2052-1

newport beach

it was relaxing, in spite of the chill.

We spent the next three days in the park.
After the first day, I came to accept two facts.
1] no matter what care and attention I pay to my feet, Disney always delivers blisters
2] prickly heat has become a permanent part of my early summer wardrobe

IMG_3567_2042  IMG_3585

I will share more later.
As for now, I am tired and I am so very much looking forwarding to sleeping in my own surroundings!!
It is not very Disney…. but it is fitting to say
There is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment