Friday, March 25, 2016

Being Ernest

I bought dad a car magazine before our visit today.
He happily accepted my gift and started to thumb through its pages.
The first four pages to be exact.collage dad 03-25-2016
While he was awake, he browsed through those four pagers, over and over again.
While he napped, I colored Easter Eggs with some of the staff and residents.
collage Easter Eggs at Beehive 03-25-2016
As we were finishing up the eggs, I was talking to one of the caregivers who shared this with me…
On Sunday, Dad was taken from his room to Church services in the lobby.
He sang the Hymns, in his own way, using his own words.
He partook of the Sacrament.

I think that his soul rejoiced in these familiar surroundings.
My hope, is that our souls do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment