Friday, April 8, 2016

Being Ernest

Dad got a shave and a haircut this last week.... it's always his best look, but not one he will always cooperate for. Dad has lost 10 pounds. He is weak and cannot get around without his wheelchair.  I have not even seen him in a recliner chair lately....always in his wheelchair.

The week prior, mom and I met with hospice. We sat in the dining room of the care center and discussed dad's needs and the doctors concerns.  We were also reminded that hospice is simply this: an extra layer of care.

As we were talking to the hospice nurse,  she turned to me and told me that I looked so very familiar.  As soon as she said it,  I knew who she was.... the nurse that gave peace and comfort to my mother-in-law as she passed just over 1 year ago. It was a tender mercy and a confirmation that this is a good thing for both mom and dad. It never hurts having more support, love and care. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment