Friday, May 6, 2016

Being Ernest

The Last week my youngest daughter joined me. I was prepared to trim his nails, but they were already taken care of. He was dressed and looking nice in the BYU shirt I bought him the week prior.














































I arrived today during breakfast.  He was being fed and wearing that same BYU shirt. I managed to get brief eye contact, so he knew I  [someone] was there. I waited for him to finish eating and then took the chair next to him. I sat there for a while and watch him tighten the lid on his drink.  I rubbed his arm to remind him I was there and he returned the gesture by patting my knee and telling me I was a good guy.

Our visit was relatively brief today as I spent the time watching him while he slept in his wheelchair. I chatted with a caregiver prior to leaving and she offered reassurances that he seems to be in a good place. Content and at peace with his circumstances. I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment