Friday, April 22, 2016

Being Ernest

When I arrived  this morning dad was slipping out of his wheelchair and an aide was trying to help him up. I held him while she went to get help. They set him back up and it wasn't long before he slipped back down again. It was determined that his new cushion (placed there to prevent pressure sores) was causing the slipping. It has since been removed, temporarily, and I will shop for sweatpants at Walmart later today. We believe his silky pajamas are not compatible with the cushion.

He avoided eye contact today. His hair is still short and he is clean shaven. It is very nice seeing him look more like himself. While we were sitting together,  one of the residents played The Battle Hymn of the Republic on the piano. Dad hummed along. I told him about what is going on with our family while he stared into space.

I took a moment to shop at the nearby Walmart for sweats. I thew in a BYU shirt too. [Early father's day.] When I returned he was right where I left him. I put his new clothes in his room, notified some of the staff and wheeled him to the TV for some visual stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment