Saturday, November 22, 2008

The funny thing about service.

This morning marks the beginning of the weekend prior to my wedding anniversary. On Monday, the 24th, Evan and will have been married for 21 years. Evan and I got up early and headed to American Fork to help Neale and Emily move. We spent the morning together packing boxes, moving furniture, loading trucks and remembering the many times we have moved ourselves. We spent a little more time in Payson helping undo what we had just done. We emptied trucks, arranged furniture and unloaded boxes. More and more new neighbors showed up and they were in good hands as we left to get ready for phase 2 of our anniversary Saturday.

I wish we could have done more to help.

The funny thing about service though- even a little goes a long way. I know that because I have been on the receiving end of service myself. Another funny thing about service is that it is easier to serve than it is to receive service. I know that because I have a hard time asking for and allowing help. I read or heard something a while ago that helped me with that... One of the greatest ways we can serve someone is to allow them to serve us. It has helped me to be able to stand back and allow others to help me when I am in need. I do this because I know how I feel when I am able to help others.

Everyone needs to be able to feel that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment