Sunday, May 10, 2009

I cried on Mothers Day.

Not for the reason you may think.

Evan spent the last 7 days preparing to speak in church on Mothers Day. I shared with him some inspiring excerpts from the blog of our family friend - Stephanie Nielson (a plane wreck survivor). We spoke of her often this week as we admired her strength and testimony as well as her amazing outlook on motherhood and being a wife and a daughter of God. We also attended the temple together with the rest of the Stake Presidency. (A very uplifting week!)

I knew what was coming - so, as soon as he stood up to speak, I started to cry. It took everything that Evan had within himself to remain composed, but he hit a home run. He inspired the mothers and the motherly. So many Sisters in our ward expressed their appreciation for his words. We came home, talked about how it went, and cried some more.

Then, a very dear friend of ours announced her engagement to our wonderful neighbor. Again, we cried. We love them both so much and are so grateful that they found each other and found the door to happiness together.

I have been humbled by this day. I have been blessed through this gospel. I have been so lucky to have such a great husband and tremendous daughters. I have so much to thank my Heavenly Father for.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment