Saturday, May 9, 2009

What came first? The thump or the yelp.

For the past several days, Chester has been taking advantage of an "injury". What I mean is, he is preying upon the emotions of the women who love and adore him.

It started several nights ago when, in the middle of a night I was awakened by a thump and then a yelp, or was it a yelp then a thump? I was too groggy to tell. Anyway, Chester then hobbled over to me and I quickly babied and consoled him. Ever since, he has been limping, refusing to climb stairs, missing his leaps onto the couch and yelping every so often. He has not been to first one at the door to welcome anyone home and has kept his head held low as if depressed.

But, he still runs outside, prances for his dinner and will toss his toy around once in a while. While I do believe he is hurt, I also believe he is milking it for all it is worth. We are giving him a week to heal (or forget) and then re-evaluating the "injury".

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment