Monday, June 13, 2011

Loosing something you love…

Last night, my daughter suffered a great loss.
Greater than the loss of a camera or an IPod.
Almost as great as the loss of a loved one.

She received notification that her beloved sorority,
along with the brother fraternity,
is being dissolved.

It has been a very emotional 24 hours for both of us.
At times, I found that the only thing I could do is hug her and cry with her.
Other times, I mustered up what little encouragement I could.
Best of all, I reminded her to pray…

Pray for the ability to understand the why.
Pray for the courage to immerse herself in her Singles Ward.
Pray in gratitude for the few years that she had in Gamma. 
Pray for the opportunity to take what she received in Gamma
and use it to create something better in what lies ahead.

I pray that she will have the strength to get through this
and become a better person because of it.
I pray that she will understand that the reason is clear
to her Heavenly Father, there is a purpose for the change,
and she needs to have faith that it is for the best.

In the mean time, I have lots of hugs for her
as she continues to mourn her loss…

No comments:

Post a Comment