Friday, September 9, 2011

I just took my daughter over state lines and left her there.

I went to work early and was home by 10AM.
Taylor was a bundle of nerves and anxious to get going.

We packed the car full of boxes and started our journey northward.

First stop… my grandparents gravesite.
The grave marker for Uncle Richard was in place, it was not here the last time I was.

BEAR RIVER CEM 09 07 11 (3)

Next stop was the home of our hosts for the night.
When McKay & Carlee invited us to stay with them, we quickly accepted and canceled our hotel.
Taylor’s reaction was priceless!! She could not wait to go play with their sweet daughter.
I loved watching McKay and Carlee interact with their child. They are great parents! No doubt about it.
I also loved receiving the reassurance that Taylor has them nearby and that she will be loved and welcome in their home if she needs some TLC.

The next morning we were on the road again, heading to our final destination.
A quick line for keys, and then it was moving time.
A new list of “things we need” was created as we unpacked and organized.

Evan had a business lunch with a client and a colleague,
so Taylor and I teamed up with her roomie Kiri and her mom for our errands.
First stop – campus for ID cards and books.
Next was Walmart for some necessary shopping.
More unpacking and organizing followed.
Lunch and grocery shopping, then meeting Evan back at the apartment.

More roommates were arriving and it was nice to meet them and some of their parents.
I was busy trying to resolve issues at work and was not very gracious. (A regret.)
These parents, however, were reassured by Evan that Thanksgiving at our home
is an open invitation to their daughters.
This is a family tradition I am excited to carry on.

With all of the hustle and bustle of moving, and the many campus activities available for the students,
Evan and I decided it was time to leave our little girl behind.
Hugs, kisses and love you’s. All tearless. We were all brave and strong.
It was easier than I anticipated and I am so excited for her and this new adventure!

See you in 76 days. (Skype me!!)

byu i move

3 comments:

  1. So fun to see you guys! I hope she loved moving in and that you are surviving her being gone:) We will take good care of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of her! She will do so awesome there. You are welcome down to my place if you are ever lonely! There is plenty of love here to go around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for her new life. I hope that she adjusts quickly to her new life and does not get homesick.

    ReplyDelete