Sunday, September 11, 2011

Overwhelming.

I walked into church alone today.

Evan was busy with a Ward Conference.
Kylee is a member of a singles ward.
Taylor, has been gone (for three days now).

Our dear friend Gale F. spoke today.
As a result, his wife Joan, was in the congregation.
They are the parents of McKay and Drew…
the two men that are looking after Taylor while she is in Idaho.

I was overcome.

An overwhelming sense of gratitude fell upon me.
Gratitude for great friends, who are great parents.
Gratitude for their sons, who treat my daughters as sisters.

An overwhelming sense of peacefulness was with me.
Peaceful with the spiritual progress both of my daughters are making.
Peaceful with their decisions and where life is taking them.

On overwhelming sense of love overtook me.
Love for my eternal companion, and the new opportunities this stage of life brings us.
Love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the opportunities for growth it brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment