Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh, what a week (and it is only Wednesday)

Sunday: received a phone call from my mother-in-law at 7:30 am. Highly unusual, so I answered it right away.  She had fallen and hurt her shoulder. Evan was had already started his day at the church,  so I called him to arrange to pick up her house key. He ended up driving over with me.

After some untrained diagnosis, and a little inspiration, we drove her to the ER.

Broken shoulder.

Monday: took the day off to make sure she could manager her pain and take care of her basic needs.
Being as strong and independent as she is… she managed just fine and insisted on sleeping in her own bed.
(Can’t blame her!)

Tuesday: I was back at work. when the call from my mother came in. My father passed out at work and was being transported to the ER.  Back again, to the same place I was, just 48 hours earlier.  After some basic tests, it was determined that he needed to be admitted.

Wednesday: still at the hospital, still running tests and still hoping for answers.

What we do know:

  • it was NOT a seizure
  • is was NOT a stroke
  • his resting heart rate is too low and not improving
  • there is a hole in his heart (the kind that is common, and is most likely insignificant)
  • there is a “mass” in/on/near his brain that seems to be unrelated and not much to worry about

He feels fine and want’s to go home.
(Can’t blame him!)

Thursday: hoping that we get answers and a plan of action!

Then we can look forward to General Conference this weekend and loads of nourishment for our souls!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a week that I hope you won't have to repeat. I hope your mother-in-law has a speedy recovery and keep us updated on your dad!

    ReplyDelete