Saturday, October 29, 2011

Annually

It is not quite a tradition, YET.

For the 2nd year in a row, we have picked out pumpkins and carved them together as a family.
This year, however, we had a guest carver.
Kylee’s friend Luke joined us in the apples with dip, chili with cheese and humans with knives event.
Evan opted out of the carving…BYU was playing and he was stair climbing between parties.

To cap off the evening, Luke shared some mission pictures.
It was inspiring to see such an amazing response to the Gospel in Kenya.

Also a tradition… lighting up the pumpkins for photos.

DSC_0102_2996-1

As an interesting side note to the evening….
My daughter brought home a boy that I felt it was important for me to impress.
I found myself reverting back to my awkward adolescence.

I am sure I said stupid things. I know I said things that I shouldn’t have.
I think I should have done something different with my hair. (Yeah, right!)
There were times when I should have said something, but didn’t.
The house could have been cleaner.

I guess, we can always find something to be insecure about.
My hope is, that everyone else’s insecurities makes them blind to most of mine…
I usually don’t see theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment