Thursday, October 20, 2011

When I can’t be there…

I am so grateful that my daughters trust in the power of prayer.
More so now, then ever before.

This is a time in their lives that require them to make decisions I cannot help them make.
This is a time in their lives when I am not always physically there for them.

I can encourage them, but I cannot guide them.
This is why prayer is so important.

“It is through earnest and heartfelt prayer that we can receive the needed blessings and the support required to make our way in this sometimes difficult and challenging journey we call mortality.” ~Thomas S. Monson

There is ONE person they can turn to.
Someone that knows them even better than I do.
Someone that knows what path they should take, in order to get where they need to go.
Someone who is ALWAYS with them. Even when I am not.
Someone who will listen to ANYTHING they have to say.

"Prayer becomes more meaningful as we counsel with the Lord in all our doings . . . We are promised that if we pray sincerely for that which is right and good and in accordance with God's will, we can be blessed, protected, and directed." ~ David A. Bednar

I will repeat again, some of the greatest advice I have given them.
Say a prayer.
Ask your Heavenly Father for help.
Ask Him to help you understand what it is you need to learn from your challenge.
Listen to His answer,
and do your part!

No comments:

Post a Comment