Sunday, October 26, 2008

Guest Blogger...my husband

Heather as asked that I finally make a contribution to her blog, so here goes.  Our family has been blessed by attending Stake Conference this weekend! It is always a busy time for me with my calling as the Stake Executive Secretary however, the blessings far outweigh any effort that is required from me.  Our Stake was blessed to have Elder Renlund of the Seventy and his wife Ruth preside on Saturday.  Elder Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve accompanied Elder Renlund on Sunday and attended our final general session.  While Elder Wirthlin is aging (91) his intellect, sense of humor, humility are all intact.  The unique spirit that attends one of The Lords anointed servants is real and tangible!  He spoke briefly at the end of the meeting and in his simple, direct yet powerful way reminded us of the importance of staying focused on The Lord in all that we do!  All the speakers, music, and prayers added to the spiritual nature of the meeting.  I am grateful for my association with such great people in this Stake.  The opportunity to serve with the other members of the Stake Presidency is rich with blessings and opportunities to learn the ways of The Lord and His Church.  It is remarkable to consider I had the opportunity to sit with and shake the hand of an Apostle that as a young boy shook the hand of an elderly woman, that had previously shook the hand of The Prophet Joseph!  We really are all  connected much more than we realize.  The Church is true! I am most grateful for my membership in it and my testimony of Jesus Christ!  He lives and loves us!  God bless all of us in our daily lives and in our efforts to keep His commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment