Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Two brave girls

Our morning started at 5:30 am.

I showered and woke the girls up a little after 6am.

Walked through the doors of the dental office in American Fork at 7:00 am.

A few more instructions from the doctor, forms to sign, and off to the waiting room for Taylor and I. Kylee was sedated and teeth were extracted.

I was waiting with Kylee in the recovery room while it was Taylor's turn when one of the dental assistants came out to get me. When I arrived in Taylor's room, I was informed that after many, many pokes they could not find a vein for the IV. Taylor was given the choice of rescheduling another day or extracting the teeth under local anesthesia. I told her that it was up to her, she was old enough to decide.

My brave baby girl (the one that HATES needles) decided to stay and finish what she set out to do. I retrieved her IPOD so she could block out the sounds of the drills, etc. and I sat at her feet and tickled her ankles while the doctor took care of her.

The doctor then proceeded to administer multiple shots all over her mouth. He was so smooth - not a flinch from Taylor. A little gag reflex as her mouth began to numb up toward the end of the shot series. A short wait for it to take effect and then out came the teeth and in went a stitch or two.

Kylee was wheeled into Taylor's room and then we were homeward bound with 6 prescriptions. Kylee's nausea started to kick in on the way home and now I am nursing the two. Gauze, nausea pills, pain pills, antibotics, ice cream, more gauze, ice, more pills. I think I might loose a pound or two running up and down the stairs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment