Saturday, January 24, 2009

I am a planner.

I plan far in advance. I start packing a week before a trip. (starting with a packing list weeks before that.) I study recipe's before a meal, I calendar an entire year for Primary. etc.

Occasionally, the lack of planning on the part of other people becomes my problem too.

Case in Point: Last November, I met with my counselors and we planned the ENTIRE year for 2009. We set themes and dates for Quarterly Activities, Great to be 8, Priesthood Preview and the awesome Primary Program. The next day, I logged on to the Church calendar and booked the various buildings for the dates and times we needed. I was rewarded with an approval and penciled everything in on my calendar.

This Sunday (yes, tomorrow) is our Great to be 8. Planned and scheduled MONTHS in advance. Last night I received a phone call from another Ward in our building. They were panicking because they also wanted to hold the same event on the same night. I, of course, could not refuse their request to share the building, but I would not budge on the rooms that we wanted. (I do deserve first choice for planning in advance and following proper channels.)

Unfortunately, this is not the first time that I have to make exceptions for them, and I am certain it will not be the last. So, my greatest hope is this... If by some unexplainable reason I need to schedule the building at the very last possible minute, I am given the same consideration.

blog signature(getting off of her soapbox)

1 comment:

  1. That is SO frustrating!!

    There was one time that I planned a Quarterly Activity and had it on the calendar months in advance. About two weeks before it was supposed to happen, they announce the ward campout AND the adult activity for that SAME weekend! Grrrr.....

    The ONE time I planned really well for something.... ;)

    ReplyDelete