Friday, January 23, 2009

It seems to be

that every time the batteries in the smoke detectors start to go out, the chirpy notification comes in the wee hours of the morning.

Today's notice came at about 1:30 AM. And since I am the lightest sleeper in the family, I am the only one that gets to bask in the high pitched chirps of these round disks.

I took it as long as I could and then embarked on my treasure hunt. The reward: Peace and Quiet. I bounced around the house from one point to another in hopes of discovering the culprit. I know I was too drowsy because the chirp seemed to be anywhere BUT where I was standing.

After a complete check upstairs and again, downstairs and no great discovery (and consequently, no reward), I gave up and went back to bed. Unable to fall back to sleep I turned on the TV in order to bring on the trance. As I started to doze about an hour later, I packed my ears with plugs and sandwiched my head between pillows.

I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep before my 4:30 GET OUT OF BED AND GO TO THE GYM alarm went off. I was very quick to dismiss it and snooze another hour away before getting ready for work.

I called Evan later that day and assigned him the task of tracking down the chirping creature, but just my luck... not a sound during daylight hours. I am hoping that we are not dealing with a nocturnal chirping disk and that I get a full nights sleep!

blog signature

1 comment:

  1. That is funny! I'm sorry you are losing sleep over it, but I had to laugh!

    ReplyDelete