Saturday, November 21, 2009

It’s been a while.

No thanks to the Mtn., my football hostessing projects have been few and far in between. In fact, I don’t think we hosted a game at all last year.

I finally got my chance today. There were a couple of hiccups, but I was able to feed a few of Evan’s friends an abundant buffet complete with 7 layer dip, Piglets in Blankets, Deviled Eggs, Triple Tear Brownies and Peanut Butter Chex . . . good practice for Thanksgiving. (My count is 32)

Hiccup #1– the spare alarm clock was still on daylight savings time. This was something I did not know.

In a groggy state, after sleeping in until “7” am, I got out of bed and started baking. When I pulled the brownies out of the oven, I noticed the clock on the stove said “6:30”. The up-side: I had enough time to take care of some unexpected business… (see hiccup #2)

Hiccup #2– the server at work crashed last night. I got the call around 6 pm and immediately went back.

After a series of some very “unfortunate fortunate” events, a corrupted file was discovered. I found it interesting that finding some minor errors and problems caused me to react in a way that lead to the discovery of a more serious matter. I am convinced that I was led to those initial discoveries and then prompted to react they way that I did. I called it quits after two hours, but not without the assignment to recover and rebuild the file on my own. With some instructions, I returned to work this morning and after a quick prayer, fulfilled my task successfully. We were back in business two hours later.

Now, after an exhaustingly busy day, I am ready to crawl into bed and prepare myself for a relaxing quite Sunday.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment