Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Retro

Tonight for Young Women In Excellence, it was retro night. The YW and their parents were invited to flash back and wear something from the past.

Taylor called my mother and they dug up her Granite High Pep Club uniform from  1960. She looked adorable.

YWIE_0173

I opted out – nothing kept. Besides, if I did keep anything, I would have to loose 20 lbs in 15 minutes to make it work. I did, however, share a photo for the display board.

 DSC_0453

I have spent some time over the last week or so, looking over the new Family Search web page. What an awesome tool for the members of the church. As I dig deeper, it will be interesting to see how many names still need to be submitted for temple work. It seems like an overwhelming job . . . and a slow process because accuracy is so important. I really don’t know where to start, but what is important is just starting . . . that is what I need to work on for now. I hope other members of the family will also contribute and speed the process along. It will be fun to see the family tree grow.

2 comments:

  1. You both looked adorable! Both pictures brought back a ton of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture of you. You haven't changed much still beautiful and a little edgey.
    By the way, we have been talking a lot about family history work and I feel that there isn't anything for me to do because my side is all done. If there is a direction you can point me in I would love to contribute to doing some work.

    ReplyDelete