Thursday, April 29, 2010

Falling back into habits

wj

 

 

Evan and I have rededicated ourselves to regular temple attendance. A worthwhile habit that is harder to fall back into than it is to fall out of. (True for many habits.)

We have set many dates, or truthfully stated, many failed dates. Responsibilities of the world (work) or human frailties (illness/laziness) have gotten the best of us. This time, I put our date on the calendar. I even scheduled leftover night for dinner. I double checked with Evan last night to make sure we were still on. It was a GO.

When I got home from work, I called Evan to find out when he would be home… after a brief pause.. he told me it did not look very promising. As he went through HIS list of days that would work, I responded with reasons why they wouldn’t work. Again, we were doomed to fail.

Not long after we hung up, I decided to get up and go alone. I sent him a text message, letting him know what I was considering. With his blessing, I changed my clothes and went. After all, is it not better that I go to the temple alone rather than NOT go together. I soaked up the blessings of the temple and returned home before Evan did.

Maybe next time, we will be together. Either way, we still have eternity.

 

1 comment:

  1. Your life will be blessed with regular temple attendance. Also, the lives of your family will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete