Thursday, April 1, 2010

When son’s worry…

… there is wide spread panic.

I know this because I received a phone call from my husband today. He had not been able to reach his mother on the phone and neither has his brother. He requested that I go over and check on her.

On my way, I practiced the drill… check pulse, call 9-1-1, call Evan.

I felt calm. I knew all would be well.

I was right.

As I walked in the door, she looked up at me from the couch where she was reading a book. I explained to her that she had some worried son’s and that we should check her phones. It turned out, the ringer on one phone had been turned off, and the cordless had been unplugged and thrown away because the battery no longer held a charge.

I am so grateful that she live so close and that she is in our home each week.
I am grateful for all of her children and that they love and care for one another.
I am grateful for her first born son, and that she gave him up for me.
I am grateful for my own mother.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment