Saturday, April 17, 2010

Green Buick’s

This week, Evan finally decided on his new car: An Audi!

Strangely enough, he got tied up at work, so he sent me to the dealership instead. My assignment: pick out, test drive, negotiate, sign, bring home. (OK, I though it was a bad idea too!) He had every confidence in me.

I went to the dealership to do what I was instructed to do.

Imagine his disappointment when he came home from work to find a green Buick in the driveway.

 

I explained to him that the car he wanted was NOT in stock and that the salesman assured me that this Buick would be the best alternative. If not, a BETTER alternative.

He IMMEDIATELY returned the Buick to the dealership and DEMANDED his money back. It was not a pretty sight.

As it turns out…

This was a dream.

When he shared this dream with me, I could not help but share my twisted female interpretation...

When we got married, he thought he was getting an Audi. As it turns out, I am just a green Buick. How disappointing is that!?

This interpretation, however, got me thinking.

I need to work harder too keep the Audi in our relationship. I don’t want my husband to have to settle for a Buick.

1 comment:

  1. Funny dream, you had me going for a minute. i think we all need to put time into ourselves for ourself and others

    ReplyDelete