Sunday, November 6, 2011

Giving Thanks (day 6)

Today I am thankful for small acts of kindness.

My 2010 New Years Resolution was centered around this ideal.
In fact, it may well be the ONLY resolution I have ever successfully carried out.
Every day, I was to extend a simple act of kindness, or a good deed.
It was so very easy to do. The opportunities were all around me.
When I was driving, when I was shopping,
at home, at work.

What I learned about myself:

  • Watching others do good inspires me.
  • I can extend a good deed. I have hard time receiving a good deed.

My conclusions… I need to let others feel good, by letting them do good.

What I learned about mankind:

  • People are kind and generous like THIS!!
  • Others are courageous like THIS!!

My conclusion… a good deed is a good deed… big or small, they all have value! I believe that without the small deeds, there are no big deeds. Inspirations need to come from somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment