Sunday, September 21, 2014

change

This morning I was able to participate in the rededication of the Ogden Utah Temple.
The words of the speakers were amazing and touched me in a personal way.
I often do not remember what was spoken, but I always remember how I felt.
Today, however, it is what I felt that helped me remember words.

The temple is the Lords house. It is dedicated to him.
When I heard the speaker tell us that His presence was here,
I FELT it.
I KNEW it.
Even in the simple chapel of the church that was a temporary extension of the temple.

Later in the day, my daughter and I drove up into the mountains.
It was a wet and drizzly drive that gave me a new perspective of the changing leaves.
The trees were enveloped in fog. At times, the visibility ahead was not always clear.
These views caused me to turn my thoughts to the temple.
A sacred place where I learn truths.
A holy place where I feel loved by my Heavenly Father.
A peaceful place where I can ponder the many ways I need to change..

What a blessing the temple is to me.

(Sharing todays quote[s] on photos taken on our drive…)
temple foggy road    change quakies in fogchange foggy road

No comments:

Post a Comment