Tuesday, September 16, 2014

stewardship

I have a friend that needed help.
She didn’t ask for it. But I knew.
I helped her the best I could, in a small and simple way.
I did not solve all of her problems or address all of her concerns,
but I was able to relieve her of one small worry so she could focus on others.
Stewardship:
the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care
I have been very blessed in my life.
As I ponder all of my blessings, I came to the realization
that I have a stewardship to manage these blessings in a way that allows
me to take care of others in their time in need…
simply because that is what my Heavenly Father wants me to do.
That is why he blesses me.
I need to live within my means so that I can feed and clothe the hungry.
I need to eat right and exercise so that I can lift and carry things that need moving.
I need to keep my mind aware and alert so I can listen and share my insights and experiences.
The Lord’s admonition that we are stewards for those in need contains some of the strongest  language in all of scripture: “If any man shall take of the abundance which I have made, and impart not his portion … unto the poor and the needy, he shall, with the wicked, lift up his eyes in hell, being in torment.”  We are accountable as stewards over earthly blessings, which the Lord has provided.  ~Quentin L Cook [October Conference 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment