Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Don't forget to grab your purse"

I told myself as I set it inside the trunk of the car while I stuffed it full of the groceries I just bought. I reminded myself again and then it was too late.

Now a quick call to Kylee (fortunately I keep my phone in my back pocket).

"I need you to run the spare key to me"

"Why?"

Quick summary, then "Oh wait, that won't work - I'm in your car."

Next call to Taylor (my Rescue Ranger and Hero for the day)

"I need you to grab the extra honda key off of the key rack and start walking down the street to meet me"

"Ok."

No hesitation, no explanation necessary (but I offered it anyway).

I started my trek toward home and met Taylor (with Chester her trusty side-kick at her side), and turned back to the grocery store.

The groceries made it home promptly and unharmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment