Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you 9/11/01?

IMG_1575

IMG_1576
I was getting the girls ready for school when I saw the news. Dad and Mom were serving their mission in Edmonton, Canada and I called them immediately - knowing that they would not have heard the news yet. I also called Evan at work. I was talking to him while watching the live broadcast when the Pentagon was hit. I remember having to explaining to the girls that we were going to be OK and sending them off to school. I was stuck to the TV set, along with my co-workers all day long.

Funny how I can't remember what I did yesterday, but recall the details of this day...

1 comment:

  1. I will never forget that day either. We received your phone call about 8:00 a.m. and you told us to turn on the TV. It was unbelievable. I said to myself that this cannot be real. My thoughts were "This must be a Bruce Willis movie". It was frightening. When reality hit, we immediately prayed for our country and for those families of the victims. It was a comfort to see the Canadian flags flying at half mast that day. Our thoughts and prayers still go out to the families of the victims, to those who worked so hard to rescue those people, to those whose lives were traumitized in any way, and to those valiant men and women who are fighting to protect our freedoms today. Thanks for the daily blogs. I love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete