Sunday, September 28, 2008

What I've learned today

1. One of my Hero's is my brother, Eric. We spent today with him and his family as he was sustained and set apart as a the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric of his ward. He is a wonderful husband, father and uncle. He honors his priesthood and has always been a great leader. He will be awesome.

Its funny how as children we did not get along. We drove our parents crazy with our fighting. It wasn't until I went away to college and he later left on his mission, that our relationship developed. I am so grateful that that HE is the uncle of my daughters and that he has such a great relationship with them. I am thankful that his family is so close by and that we are able to spend Sunday dinners and holiday BBQ's with each other.

My childhood arch-enemy has become one of my dearest friends..

No comments:

Post a Comment