Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today on Tuesday

This morning I streamed the KSL news story as well as the Today Show interview with Stephanie's family. I think KSL did a much better job with the interviews and talking about the impact the worldwide Blogging community is making with their prayers and support for them. I am amazed how far reaching this story has become because of a simple little blog.

I have noticed the cover of the July Ensign sitting on my table and know that Stephanie's blog is a perfect example of what the cover story states: "You have a great opportunity to be a powerful force for god in the Church and in the world. There is truth in the old adage that "the pen is mightier than the sword." In many cases it is with words that you will accomplish the great things that you set out to do." "Do not be afraid to share with others your experiences as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ."

I don't know exactly why I am so captivated by Stephanie's story. I know part of it stems from a great love and respect for Steve and Cindy Clark (Evan's neighbors from Provo). I know it is partly because of my gratitude for each and every day that my daughters return home safely. I know more than ever that I should never take my family for granted. I know that my testimony has grown over the last few weeks. I know that the resurrection will be a beautiful thing for Stephanie as well as for my own daughters as they will be able to stand tall and straight someday. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ and our loving Heavenly Father are aware of each of us individually and do not test us beyond what we can endure.

Perhaps it is helpful to remember that the Prophet Joseph Smith was told: "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment" (D&C 121:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment