Saturday, August 29, 2009

Create

I am closing in on this years Primary Program. Thank goodness for my awesome first counselor Jane. She is putting together a perfect program. Thank goodness also, to MaryAnn and Jenny for always willing to take on assignments. My job is so easy and I always feel that I am not doing my part, but I guess if we all share the load, then we are not supposed to feel overwhelmed.

Traditionally, my presidency has taken it easy for sharing time following the program. We have laid down blankets and let the kids watch church produced videos. This year is no exception, but with a different twist.

As the church has launched it’s YouTube site, we have been blessed as saints, with some amazing video productions to uplift, inspire and empower us. We though it would be a nice change to present these clips to the primary children. So my task is to 1) locate clips that will keep the attention of all the children ages 4-12 and 2) find a way to download them and save them for our presentation.

It did not take long, but I accomplished 1/2 of this task: locating and downloading. (I even included some of the great commercials that the church produces.) Next is organizing and burning.

One video clip that caught my attention is one that I am posting here. I hope is stirs something in you as it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment