Monday, August 10, 2009

Rededication

A couple of months ago I (somehow) injured my leg in a rare “leaning against the wall for a long time” incident. I pulled a muscle or tendon or something… but it has aggravated me ever since.

My (very) early morning ritual at the gym has been set aside to allow for proper healing.

While I still ache and suffer from stiffness in the morning and at night, I think that I am finally feeling a little bit better. (I have noticed in my declining years, that I do not “bounce back” as quickly as I used to.)

So, with the signs of healing on the horizon, I am ready to grit my teeth and get back to the gym. The 10 lbs I intended to loose before the summer started are still with me, and I hope to part with them by Thanksgiving. Taking it slow, so I can continue to heal, and (now for the hardest part) reevaluating my diet should make this a realistic goal.

Here’s to feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment