Friday, August 14, 2009

When little brothers become awesome uncles.

When we were little, my brother and I fought like cats and dogs. Seriously; I am amazed one of us is not serving time.

But something happened.

  1. I went away to school (absence makes the heart grow fonder)
  2. I got married (someone else for me to pick on)
  3. He went on a mission (time and distance)
  4. We both grew up.

His last request before leaving on his mission was that I provide him with a niece by the time he gets home.

My daughter was exactly one month old on the day he returned from his mission. At the airport, he rushed past mom and dad and went straight for the stroller. There has been a strong bond between those two ever since.

Today they spent some quality time together jumping off of cliffs at Diamond Fork. Ky and a couple of her friends (including mom and grandpa) went rappelling for the first time. We had so much fun together and enjoyed the sport and the scenery.  Eric was so generous with his time (thanks Bro) and shared with us one of the things he enjoys.

I am so grateful for him and the relationship he has with both of my daughters. I am glad that we both grew up and fell in like with each other. (I have always loved him!)

0814 Rappelling

3 comments:

  1. What a fun time! You do have a pretty awesome brother, but I never thought that you were older?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You even tried to give him a niece on his birthday. Kylee's due date was March 17, but Kylee did not want to share a birthday, so she waited until March l9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! It was not Rachel who said that. It was your MOM!!! I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete