Saturday, August 22, 2009

Missing

I have missed, and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first born.

Ky has spent the last week in California with friends. The last hurrah of the summer. School starts Monday.

I am not missing my “mother’s taxi” days.

Tay has been spreading her wings this week as she has built up her confidence and drives herself here and there. Her best friend got home from vacation this week and they have been inseparable ever since. School starts Wednesday for her.

I am missing summer already.

A very short summer is officially over. We had fewer outings this year due to economics and work environment. But these were sacrifices that had to be made.

I am missing my childhood.

I think it is lousy that I have to be grown up and make grown up decisions such as canceling trips, avoiding unnecessary purchases, deciding what to fix for dinner, etc.   On the contrary, I love being grown up and having grown up children to spend time with and… that makes me happy to be where I am now.

1 comment:

  1. Awe! I love this post! I like how you sum it up as happy to be where you are! I hope Tay had fun!

    ReplyDelete